Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tests before conceiving



• Dental check up
• A physical exam
• A pap smear test
• Breast exam (35+ mammogram)
• Rubella titers
• Blood type and Rh – factor
• HIV
• Hepatitis
• Cystic fibrosis screening
• X-rays -done only if you sure that you are not pregnant because of the radiation exposures
• CT scans- done only if you sure that you are not pregnant because of the radiation exposures
• MRIs - done only if you sure that you are not pregnant because of the radiation exposures
• PGD – preimplantation genetic diagnosis (this is often done if you have IVF )
In this test few cells are removed for generic testing before the embryo is implanted to identify genes that may be responsible for some severe hereditary diseases. That is how the doctors select healthy embryos for implantation to avoid serous generic diseases.
It is important to discuss your medical history with your doctor prior IVF process or natural pregnancy.


Great book to read
The Whole Pregnancy Handbook: An Obstetrician's Guide to Integrating Conventional and Alternative Medicine Before, During, and After Pregnancy

1 comment:

  1. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete