Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Worries before IVF


I will put few pages of my dairy before I start the first IVF program (I had three after that in a period of one year) just to assure you that your feelings could be a roller coaster even before you start the process and there is nothing wrong with that.

Saturday, December 1st -2007

I know that I will go thru IVF in January. It is a little scary but on the other hand I am happy and looking forward.
Why scare and happy?
Well, if you are married for several years and one day you and your partner decided that is time your marriage to get to another level by having kids but your period keeps coming you will be scared too. We’ve been married for many years and all this time I thought that when comes the right time for as to have babies I will stop the contraceptive pills and the babies will knock on the door. For some woman that happened but for some don’t.

So I wait and wait and the period keeps coming and it looks as it is never been more regular as now. Then one day I decided to go and check what is wrong why the stork doesn’t bring the babies. It took my entire strength to go and find out what was wrong with me.

That is how the journey began.

I made all the regular tests with OB/GYN and I was sent to make one more test HSG.Check what is HSGWhat is HSG? In my opinion this test should be band with law. Now a days the health care is so advance and the way this test is done it is just like we are still in medieval age. But this is what we have for now so I had to do it. The picture showed that my fallopian tubes were closed. Reasons many; could be cold, infection, tissue etc ….in fact closed. Reasons why they may be closed.
The test was very painful some women taking the test with me told me that it is just like a delivering a baby (just shorter time). Well I will not mind if that will be the result of the suffering but in my position was even more painful because I got the bad news that I cannot have baby naturally. The sperm should travel thru the fallopian tubes in order to reach the ovaries where the eggs are.

After the test I was a mess, worried constantly. Then I turn to Internet trying to find a solution. I start reading everything about conventional and not conventional way to get pregnant. I found tons and tons of information, many advertisements about products doing miracles, acupuncture, yoga massage, herbs especially brew to open the fallopian tubes.

As much I was reading as much as I was getting worried and confuse. I came to realize that my only solution is IVF.
Many questions run thru my head: is it ok to have IVF?
I am broth up in a Christian family and I wasn’t sure if we didn’t interfere with some of the things that usually God do? But then you can still do the IVF and not get pregnant so it’s still the will of God, right?
Are the kids (usually multiple pregnancies) going to be normal just like other kids or protecting then in the lab from all those batteries and diseases will alter them somehow and make them different?
Could we afford the IVF? I’ve heard that most probably will not happen from the first time. Some of those questions become clear to me few days ago and now as of today I am still worried but full of hope. I know that have way, that my chances are 60% and adding to that my prays and good will maybe even 100%.

For many of you who read this article don’t gave up when you understand what is the problem take this as a new begging and keep the faith. My personal experience shows me that everything is possible no matter how bad it looks.
Tests that are good to take before becoming pregnant.

The Complete Guide to IVF: An Inside View of Fertility Clinics and Treatment"

120X90

1 comment:

  1. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete